Mopeds are a really fun way to tour, and you can rent them on the island. If the golf carts aren’t going to do the job, and a moped is a little more your speed, check one out! Moped rentals are easy at the Bay!
The mopeds on the island can run all day on a single tank of gas! They’re also very easy to operate, but all riders must be at least 18 years old to ride them. Make a reservation before heading to the island to guarantee availability. Hourly or day rates are available. Weekends are $50/day while weekdays are $40/day. The hourly charge is $12.
All mopeds are licensed and street legal. They include all required safety equipment including headlights, taillights, and turn signals.
Additional Moped Information
Mopeds operate under the same set of rules as cars. Use common sense and respect while operating them.
- Be aware of your surrounding traffic at all times.
- Move to the side for larger and faster traffic.
- Do not stop your cart in the roadway, or on the edge of the road to sight-see.
- Don’t drink and drive!!!!
- Do not drive onto private property. Put-in-Bay is mainly residential property privately owned by individuals.
- Wear your seatbelts. Also, make sure your kids are wearing theirs.
- Stay seated at all times until the moped comes to a complete stop.
- No U-turns.
- If you want to bring your own golf cart to the island, you must contact your local Ohio Bureau of Motor Vehicles to get your cart registered and licensed. Your cart must display an Ohio license plate from the Bureau of Motor Vehicles. Make sure you bring your registration along.