Get up close and personal with nature on Tuesdays thanks to the Lake Erie Islands Nature and Wildlife Center on Wild Tuesdays! The Lake Erie Islands Nature and Wildlife Center hosts these events during summer Tuesdays to educate, entertain and inform people of all ages on unique flora and fauna of our lake.
Past topics of discussion on Wild Tuesdays included salamanders, invasive species and bats among others. Wild Tuesday’s mission is to entertain as well as inform about wildlife native to Ohio with its exhibits, which get up close and personal as well as often being hands-on and interactive. Sponsors of these events include the Lake Erie Islands Nature and Wildlife Center, the Lake Erie Islands Conservancy, The Ohio State University’s Stone Laboratory, and Miller Boat Line.
Wild Tuesdays 2018 Schedule
- June 12th, Dr. Doug Kane, professor of biology at Defiance College, discusses plankton
- June 19th, Dave Duncan, owner of BeeOlogy, discusses bees
- June 26th, Paula Ziebarth, Ohio Bluebird Society’s Madame Wing-nut, discusses birds
- July 3rd, Dr. Richard Bradley, of the Ohio State University, discusses spiders
- July 10th, Lisa Brohl, of the Lake Erie Islands Conservancy, discusses dragonflies and damselflies
- July 17th, Jay Reynolds, of Cleveland State University, discusses the sun
- Speaker TBD July 24th, a naturalist from the Maumee Bay State Park discusses reptiles and also amphibians
- July 31st, Amy Huston, author of The Caves of Put-in-Bay, discusses Put-in-Bay’s caves
- Speaker TBD August 7th, a representative from Ohio State University’s Stone Laboratory discusses snakes
Wild Tuesdays are a perfect summer weekday activity for children, but also for adults. You’ll learn things you never knew before about things you’ve known of your entire life. You can also enjoy the beautiful Put-in-Bay weather and get smarter all in one. If you’re lucky enough to be here during a Wild Tuesday, don’t miss it!
No reviews were found.